- Maintains and Controls dKH Levels
- Capable of Measuring every 2-12 hours
- WiFi / Bluetooth Connectivity
- Cloud Server Function
- iOS or Android App (Android requires Bluetooth 4.2 or above)
- High Precision and easy to calibrate Stepper and DC Motors
- pH Based Titration Method
- dKH Measuring Range: 4.48 - 15.40 dKH
- Direct Control 3rd Party Calcium Dosing Systems (Calcium Reactor or Balling)
- Compatible with 3rd Party Aquarium Controller (ie: Apex, GHL) via BNC Connector
- Hardware Ready for upcoming DOSETRONIC (our new dosing station)
- Low Maintenance
Alkatronic is an all-in-one product for serious reefers to automatically monitor and stabilize alkalinity for your reef system. The standalone product works straight out of the box without the need of any additional dosing pump, computers or other equipment to use.
The Alkatronic automatically monitors the alkalinity (KH) in your tank, as well as corrects any deviations within the user's settled reference intervals by dosing carbonates from its own dosing pump or by activating a Bluetooth Smart Outlet (included).
Calcium Reactor users can benefit from precise control over the CO2 to the Ca reactor through the included Bluetooth Smart Outlet controlled by the Alkatronic. As long as the dKH is below the set value, this outlet will be on and let the calcium reactor be controlled by the pH controller. If the value rises above, it will override the ordinary regulatory equipment and shut off the CO2 until the dKH is back within range.
What is Alkalinity (KH)?
Alkalinity is a means of quantifying the stability of pH in aquarium water. It is a measure of the concentration of various negatively charged ionic compounds (anions) such as carbonates, bicarbonates, borate and hydroxides in the aquarium water. Although a simple and affordable test, user error and time is taken out of the equation so that one can rest assured that their reef aquarium is safe and stable.
Why is Alkalinity Essential?
Alkalinity maintenance is a critical aspect of coral reef aquarium husbandry. If left unchecked, alkalinity can drop below a critical level and pH begins to fluctuate more wildly than the suggested daily pH shift of +/-0.2 for marine aquaria, causing stress to livestock. In a marine aquarium, the desired alkalinity is usually between 7° and 10° dKH (German Carbonate Hardness).
The Alkatronic makes it possible to monitor the buffering capacity and automatically manage KH levels of your aquarium water in a simple all-in-one device.
- Accuracy and precision: +- 0.05dKH
- Measuring range: 4.8dKH-15.4dKH
- Water consumption / measurement: 50 ml
- Reagent / measurement: ~ 8 ml @ 9 dKH
- Communication: WiFi / Bluetooth, USB
- Update: WiFi or USB
- Software: iOS App, Android App
- LCD display: Yes
- Pumps: 2 stepper motors, 2 DC motors
- Technology: pH-electrode-based titration
- Measurement interval: 2-12 hours
- Control of dKH: Dosing carbonates, controls a Bluetooth outlet
- BNC output I: Connect to third-party aquarium computer / pH computer
- BNC output II: Prepared for Dosetronic
- Requirements of other equipments: None, standalone
- Cloud function: Yes
- Power consumption: (under measurement cycle) 12W
- Dimensions: 22x14x27 cm
- Power: 12 V DC